Lindström Group is one of the leading textile service companies in Europe with more than 170 years of experience in the textile industry. The company operates in 24 countries in both Europe and Asia.
Lindström wants to help its workers with an immigrant background to not only succeed in their daily work, but also integrate into the local society and work community by providing them language training as part of their personal development.
Language Training for Lindström Group
The video explains why Lindström Group has decided to provide language training to its employees and how they benefit from the training.
Find out how and why Lindström is providing language training for its employees.
Lindström's Head of HR Sami Laine and HR Coordinator Katja Kukkonen-Kovala talk about the language training offered to employees and why the training is offered to employees. In addition, Account Receivables Specialist Nikolas Ulessi and Project Specialist Penny McQueen share their experiences about language training and its benefits.
Length & languages
Subtitles: English, Swedish, Finnish, Danish
Length: 12 minutes 50 seconds
- 00:33 – Presentation of Lindström Group and general information about the company
- 02:21 – Why was it important to have language training for your employees?
- 03:58 – Can you tell more about arrangements regarding these language trainings?
- 06:03 – Why did you want to have Finnish language training?
- 08:55 – Has it helped you with your work or civil life? If so, in what ways?
- 09:36 – How does it feel to receive language training from your employer?
- 10:47 – Tips for other companies
- 11:13 – Feedback for Acolad
Other case studies
ABB strongly believes that Swedish language learning is important in terms of promoting integration and well-being on the part of the company’s international experts.
Nivos Oy has invested in improving the language skills of its employees in order to improve their ability to serve customers in English. Acolad has provided language training at their premises that focuses on customer service language, presentation skills, and business behavior in other cultures.
Acolad helped Oras Group to digitalize their popular customer training concept the Faucet school and create several language versions of eTraining.
Biocodex needed an easy way to train its personnel located in different countries. Acolad was chosen as the partner and e-learning as the training format.