Scientific translation: a specific translation service
Millions of scientific documents are translated each year, all contributing to progress in international scientific research. These documents must meet major regulatory compliance demands and require particular consideration. Analysis, rigor, and accuracy are the keys to a successful scientific translation. Choosing Acolad means enjoying its advanced life sciences expertise and having access to top-quality translators working in over 300 language pairs.
Our ISO certifications: guaranteed quality for our translations
In order to provide you with services of the utmost quality, we carry out strict quality controls. Moreover, we are ISO 9001, ISO 17100, ISO 13485 and SAP certified. This is why many clients entrust us with the translation of their documents: clinical studies, protocols, letters from the ministry of health, scientific articles, research projects, etc.
Translators who are experts in their field
Translating scientific documents requires dual skills: in-depth scientific knowledge and proficiency in several languages. But this is not enough. Translators must also be conversant with current regulations or have a complementary qualification relating to the recording of deeds that need to be validated by official bodies. Selecting the right terms in a scientific context is another challenge. Translating acronyms, Latin locutions or neologisms, already widely used in the scientific world, calls for great accuracy. That is why, at Acolad, we carefully recruit our scientific translators.
The best scientific translations
At Acolad, we strive to provide the very best scientific translations. This is why we use various benchmark technologies, such as terminological databases, translation memories and quality control tools. Our in-house engineers also develop proprietary software programs allowing us to guarantee translations that are in line with the client's glossaries and style guide. We can also help ensure the highest possible quality by working hand in hand with your local staff for their validation (subsidiaries abroad, partners, distributors, etc.). That way, any changes are approved before final delivery.
Your project is carefully monitored
Acolad teams are fully aware that time is of the essence in the scientific world, and more particularly in the field of clinical studies. A single day's delay may have disastrous consequences. That is why we have created an online portal for managing your projects, which allows our clients to follow the progress and see the status of their orders (completed, in progress and upcoming) 24/7.
Examples of translated scientific documents
Our translation agency is able to handle any type of scientific translations. These include:
- Informed consent forms, information sheets, preoperative assessments, evaluation questionnaires on patient self-reported outcomes (digital or print), patient information brochures, surveys and logs
- Reports of serious adverse events, updated periodic pharmacovigilance and safety reports, CIOMS forms, case report forms (digital or print)
- Protocols, synopses and investigator's brochures
- Letters from the ministry of health and approval letters from ethics or monitoring committees
- Contracts between the investigator and the organization, budgets and patent requests
- Instructions for use, instruction books, use and maintenance manuals
- Quality policies and manuals, Site Master Files, validation master plans and standard operating procedures
- Labels, leaflets, instructions
- User interfaces, test procedures and online help
- Web content, advertisements, posters, newsletters, brochures and customer emails
- Training manuals, courses and presentations, scientific articles, research projects and meeting minutes