Kuusakoski Oy has come a long way from being a junkyard in Vyborg to its current position as Northern Europe's leading industrial recycling company. Pioneering research and development work and unparalleled expertise in high technology have played an important role from the very beginning.
In conjunction with their brand renewal, Kuusakoski decided to renew their public website and selected Acolad as their partner to design and implement the content structure and layout, as well as copywrite the content and translate it into their target languages.
The most important goals set for the multilingual website were the following:
- The structure and the global content of the website must support Kuusakoski's strategy in the best possible manner.
- Kuusakoski operates locally in 11 countries, so the design had to take into account country-specific content and language requirements.
- The layout of the website had to comply with Kuusakoski's renewed brand image.
- The website was to be responsive, in other words it needed to support various terminal devices and displays of various sizes including mobile devices.
In the layout, we aimed for simplicity and compliance with the new brand image. We took responsiveness into account by creating the layout from elements that are scaled and reorganized for narrower display devices like mobile devices.
The website renewal project succeeded exceedingly well, and the new website was launched on time.
In order to understand the requirements set by Kuusakoski's strategy and various business areas, we organized a workshop with Kuusakoski's Communications Team.
Based on the workshop results, additional discussions with representatives of other business units and country-specific requirements, we designed a structure for the website that took into account the demands of global communications, the scalability to country-specific needs and requirements of multiple languages used.
Other services used
In content production, we closely cooperated with experts in various business areas to ensure that the key issues for Kuusakoski's customers were presented in the right way.
The global content was translated into seven languages.
In addition, we organized a photoshoot where we shot Kuusakoski's business and recycling materials, taking the new website's content into account, while making sure it conforms with the updated brand image.
- The renewed website delivers a consistent message about Kuusakoski's core business globally.
- Country-specific needs and the need for multiple languages have been taken into account in the implementation of the website.
- The website is perfectly aligned with Kuusakoski's strategy and renewed brand image.
- The implementation is modern and supports all terminal devices.
- Thanks to the increased understanding and trust resulting from our close cooperation, the project enables a mutually beneficial strategic partnership also in the future.