Senior UX Designer/Engineer
Acolad Digital is a leading provider of content-centered solutions and services for corporate clients and government institutions around the globe that aim to enhance their digital customer and employee experience. We are part of Acolad, an international leader in language and content solutions, services, and technologies. The group is present in 25 countries.
Read more: https://www.acolad.com/en/digital.html
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a Senior UX Engineer to join our team.
As a Senior UX Engineer, you are passionate about design but also love to code! You possess a strong understanding of the product development process, from problem definition to detailed UX prototypes.
Your tasks, activities & responsibilities:
- Strategic thinking for (data-based) development of modular concepts (in the area of e-commerce).
- Translation into wireframes/prototypes.
- Communication of requirements/specifications of navigation and interaction concepts.
- Execution of tests to evaluate the concept.
- Actively consult with clients with user-centric solutions, always keeping in mind the client's product and brand strategy and technical feasibility.
- Main contact for all concept-related topics/responsibilities and co-design for internal processes in the area of UX.
- You outline the high-level technical solution, and you communicate with the client about the technical vision of the project.
- Your architecture is the blueprint and guideline for the implementation of the solution and you will make sure your team, the client, all stakeholders, are up to speed and on the same page.
- You are responsible for the "look and feel" and implementation of the "frontend" of our content management applications.
- You write frontend code that is efficient, modular, reusable, and testable.
- You share your knowledge of new developments in the front-end with your colleagues during our regular get-togethers.
- You convince clients and your backend-oriented colleagues that UX and accessibility are a priority.
- You are open-minded and open to different technologies and methodologies (e.g., Agile/Scrum).
- You have experience in a technical, UX, or design setting, or related experience.
- You have advanced experience with mockup and prototyping tools such as Sketch, lnVision, Figma, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Java and AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) is a plus.
- You communicate fluently in German and English.
- You are a strong communicator. You can adjust your language, depending on the person standing in front of you.
- 6+ years of professional experience in a (digital) agency environment, sound and practical experience in the implementation of digital projects (meaningful portfolio of already completed work).
- Confident application of essential UX methods, such as user research, user testing, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping, lean UX and corresponding workshop/design thinking techniques
- Experience with agile project methods and profound knowledge in related disciplines such as UI design and frontend development
- Structured, self-motivated approach to work and confident appearance/presentation
- Team player mentality, willingness to perform, flexibility and talent for improvisation even in stressful situations
- Strong interest and enthusiasm for digital trends and technologies
- 🖼️ You will work on state-of-the-art projects.
- 📚 Training and coaching are priorities for us, investing in your strengths is what we do best.
- 📈 Opportunity to grow. Bring your ideas and we will listen to you and help you to create your own opportunities.
- 🏠 Early bird or evening owl? If you get the work done, you are flexible to do the work when you do it best. Work-life balance is key.
- 🌍 Remote working has been normal for us for many years.
- 🧑🤝🧑 An amazing group of colleagues that make the best of every workday.