Technical Publications Specialist
Acolad is an international leader in language and content solutions, services, and technologies. Represented by the brands Acolad, TextMaster and Ubiqus, the group is present in 25 countries and has a network of over 2,500 internal experts worldwide and +20,000 external linguists.
At Acolad, every position is key to our global growth: we know that we will only succeed if our people succeed.
Joining Acolad means a unique opportunity for professional development through a collaborative global environment that promotes talent and creativity. We are continuously looking for new talent (like you!) to support our mission to drive growth and innovation across some of the world’s leading brand
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Technical Publications Specialist to join our dynamic team in the aerospace industry. As a Technical Publications Specialist, you will be responsible for electronically publishing complex aerospace documents, such as Service Bulletins, Maintenance Manuals, Overhaul Manuals, Illustrated Parts Manuals, and other technical documentation. Your expertise in authoring, publishing, and page composition applications, as well as your familiarity with ATA and S1000D data structures, will be essential for success in this role.
If you are a passionate Technical Publications Specialist with a keen eye for detail and a strong background in aerospace documentation, we would love to hear from you.
- Utilize Standard Generalized Mark-up Language (SGML) and non-SGML sources to electronically publish complex aerospace documents.
- Follow the ATA (Air Transport Association) and S1000D data structures for accurate and compliant publication creation.
- Execute post-publish processes for web delivery, PDF CD-ROM, and hard copy production.
- Identify and analyze errors in electronic data, resolving discrepancies to meet Publication Schedule Target dates for scheduled and non-scheduled technical documents.
- Provide support in developing, maintaining, adapting, and troubleshooting StyleSheets and scripts created with/for SDL (XyVision) XPP Software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues related to the Publishing System.
- Collaborate with external service providers to develop working instructions and ensure seamless operations.
- Apply ACE Continuous Improvement tools to identify and implement process enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong proficiency in electronic publishing software and tools, with experience in complex authoring, publishing, and page composition applications.
- In-depth knowledge of bath SGML and non-SGML sources.
- Familiarity with ATA and S1000D data structures.
- Prior experience in the aerospace industry or related fields is highly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to identify and resolve errors and discrepancies.
- Proficiency in SDL (XyVision) XPP Software is a plus.
- Bilingual -English/French
- Remote position.
- Access to annual vacation from day one of employment.
- 6 days of sick leave.
- 5 paid days off during the Christmas period.
- Group insurance benefits.
- Retirement savings plan.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps in the selection process.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce.