Acolad is an international leader in language and content solutions, services, and technologies. Represented by the brands Acolad, TextMaster and Ubiqus, the group is present in 25 countries and has a network of over 2,500 internal experts worldwide and +20,000 external linguists.
At Acolad, every position is key to our global growth: we know that we will only succeed if our people succeed.
Joining Acolad means a unique opportunity for professional development through a collaborative global environment that promotes talent and creativity. We are continuously looking for new talent (like you!) to support our mission to drive growth and innovation across some of the world’s leading brands.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM)to support our Sales efforts at Acolad Life Sciences for the Benelux region.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving new business development from acquiring New Logo customers and/or leading business growth within an assigned portfolio of existing customers.
- Discovers, evaluates, and pursues new business opportunities within target industries and customer groups.
- Identify growth areas within existing assigned accounts.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Develops negotiation strategies in line with customers’ needs and goals by evaluating ways to integrate new opportunities with company strategies and operations while evaluating potential risks.
- Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects and recommending solutions.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Own the execution of Strategic Account Plans for assigned accounts.
- Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, Economics, Financial or Marketing.
- 1-3 years of proven experience in the Life Sciences area:
- Proven ability to identify and generate leads and sales opportunities.
- Proficiency in negotiating and closing sales deals.
- Ability to identify customer needs and tailor product offerings accordingly.
- Competency in managing and expanding sales territories effectively.
- In-depth understanding of the market, industry trends, and competitive landscape.
- Strong networking skills to build and maintain relationships within the industry.
- Experience using CRM software to manage customer interactions and sales processes
- Fluent English, Dutch and French.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.