Business Development Manager - Life Sciences
Acolad is an international leader in language and content solutions, services and technologies. Represented by the brands Acolad, TextMaster and Ubiqus, the group is present in 25 countries and has a network of over 2,500 internal experts worldwide and +20,000 external linguists.
At Acolad, every position is key to our global growth: we know that we will only succeed if our people succeed.
Joining Acolad means a unique opportunity for professional development through a collaborative global environment that promotes talent and creativity. We are continuously looking for new talent (like you!) to support our mission to drive growth and innovation across some of the world’s leading brand.
Acolad is currently looking for a Business Development Manager for the Life Sciences sector to help develop the business!
Overview of your role
You will drive new business development from acquiring New Logo customers and/or leading business growth within an assigned portfolio of existing customers.
- Discover, evaluate, and pursue new business opportunities within target industries and customer groups
- Identify growth areas within existing assigned accounts
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements
- Develop negotiation strategies in line with customers’ needs and goals by evaluating ways to integrate new opportunities with company strategies and operations while evaluating potential risks
- Sell products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects and recommending solutions
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Own the execution of Strategic Account Plans for assigned accounts
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Economics, Finance or Marketing
- You have at least 3 years of sales experience gained in B2B with a history of overachieving targets
- You have a very strong commercial acumen with experience in customer service and/or business development
- You have exceptional problem-solving, negotiation and prospecting skills
- Your strong organisational skills enable you to multitask and work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and willing to go the ‘extra mile’ to serve your client
- You have excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- You have 1-3 years of experience in the Life Science sector
- Working for a fast-growing international company within a multicultural environment.
- Permanent role based in a great location in Central London.
- You can work at least partially from home.
- Salary depending on profile + bonus based upon achievement.