Long Island Hearing Reporter for Ubiqus/Acolad
Ubiqus USA is looking for Part-time hearing reporters to join our team in Long Island, NY.
Hearing reporters are primarily responsible for monitoring live proceedings for the client and enabling recordings on and off as the parties elect to go on and off the record, in addition to maintaining a log of the order of speakers during the proceedings.
Must be available to work at least three (3) days a week and able to attend in-person hearings in the Long Island area.
Das erwarten wir:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Merging two phone conference lines via mobile phone.
- Setting up the portable recording kit on client premises.
- Starting and stopping/pausing recording at client’s direction.
- Monitoring audio recordings while in process.
- Troubleshooting any audio problems as they occur, whether operational or equipment-based.
- Logging the order of speakers in the proceedings to provide a reference for transcription team.
- Completion of paperwork.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education:1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Audio experience preferred, but not necessary.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret audio materials and technical procedures. Ability to effectively communicate and respond to questions from managers and clients.
Mathmatical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Basic knowledge of audio recording software and hardware. (You will receive training in the use of the required audio hardware.)
- A mobile phone
- A computer/electronic device that can complete electronic MS documents.
- Familiarity with Zoom.
Das bieten wir:
Make an Impact: You have an opportunity to influence the profitability and success of the company. Your expertise drives best practices, procedure optimization, and staff growth and development.
Diversity and Fun: Every day we forge relationships across our team of diverse individuals. An eclectic mix of linguists, geeks, techies, bookworms, movie buffs, musicians, foodies, athletes, baristas, homebodies, adventurers, travelers, and very good people.