Ubiqus is seeking a detail-oriented and well-organized Planner for our Transcription department in our New York office.
Reporting to the Director of Production – Translations, the Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the successful execution of complex translation projects across various industry verticals, including ones that involve multiple foreign languages and that require value-added services such as page layout, web localization, multimedia production and so on.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execution of work orders by matching jobs with vendors and inputting assignments into database.
- Ensuring completion of all jobs with sufficient time for our internal Quality Assurance review before delivery by client deadline.
- Ensuring that jobs are completed for lowest cost at highest quality.
- Optimize utilization of the ASR (Automated Speech Recognition) process and report monthly usage numbers.
- Providing advance warning to Sales Department where lateness or poor quality may occur.
- Escalating problem jobs to senior members of the production department.
- Reassigning failed work orders.
- Negotiating job parameters with internal staff.
- Processing and reconciling vendor invoices.
- Managing the digitization of audio materials from client and filing them in our digital archive.
- Updating database with recent vendor information.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Customer Service
- Oral Communication
- Quality Management
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Conduct
- Negotiation Skills
Das erwarten wir:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1 year of supervisory experience in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to write correspondence. Command of the English language.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Proprietary Software and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Typing speed of a minimum 75 wpm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Das bieten wir:
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT WORKING AT UBIQUS:
Make an Impact: You have an opportunity to influence the profitability and success of the company. Your expertise drives best practices, procedure optimization, and staff growth and development.
A Great Fit: Ubiqus is a large enough company for access to technology, tools and career advancement yet small enough to affect change, be a superstar, maximize your skills, and shape our futures.
Development: We believe that growing our people directly results in the growth of our business. We strive to mentor, educate, and promote from within.
A Challenge: “If it were easy everyone could do it.” We challenge our team to defy the status quo.
Accountability: We insist on the highest ethical standards, a culture of collegiality and respect, and aggressive goal setting to achieve excellence.
Diversity and Fun: Every day we forge relationships across our team of diverse individuals. An eclectic mix of linguists, geeks, techies, bookworms, movie buffs, musicians, foodies, athletes, baristas, homebodies, adventurers, travelers, and very good people.
Benefits and Perks: Competitive salary and excellent benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Transit, 401K)
Great Location: Located in the financial district of downtown New York City.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
Salary Range: 35k-40k