Acolad is an international leader in language and content solutions, services and technologies. Represented by the brands Acolad, TextMaster and Ubiqus, the group is present in 25 countries and has a network of over 2,500 internal experts worldwide and 20,000+ external linguists. As well as translation and translation technology, we provide transcription, interpretation, and equipment hire services and solutions.
At Acolad, every position is key to our global growth: we know that we will only succeed if our people succeed.
Joining Acolad means a unique opportunity for professional development through a collaborative global environment that promotes talent and creativity. We are continuously looking for new talent (like you!) to support our mission to drive growth and innovation across some of the world’s leading brand.
Acolad is seeking to hire a full-time Business Development Manager to join the Translation department within the Sales team in London, reporting into the Head of Translation Sales. Any new business, for the first year of the account, will be managed by the Business Development Manager. After the first year, the account is handed over to the account management team. The successful candidate will join a company with a great atmosphere and sense of team spirit.
- Identifying new business opportunities and driving growth within new clients in the UK market, with a clear focus on large enterprise accounts
- New business focus on marketing, digital content, multimedia, and professional services but scope for development in other areas
- Assist with any RFPs, tenders or proposals
- Manage an on-going pipeline of revenue and achieve targets and agreed activity levels
- Create and maintain all required CRM records, using Sales tools such as Sales Force, Loft and Navigator in particular, as well as management reports
- Representing Acolad at trade shows, exhibitions and networking events
- Lead generation via targeted outbound account prospection, including using LinkedIn and other platforms for research and business development
- Being the primary point of contact and first point of escalation for new clients
- Developing relationships with new clients with an understanding of their goals and obstacles
- Cross-sell Acolad’s other services where appropriate
- Taking ownership of client feedback, ensuring consistent investigation and applying relevant solutions to ensure client satisfaction
- Collaborating with Acolad’s internal Production team to prepare estimates and proposals and ensure they are competitive and meet the client’s needs
- Managing all steps in the project lifecycle: discovery, quoting, negotiating, support communication and invoicing
Das erwarten wir:
Skills and qualifications
- 3 – 7 years’ sales experience within the translation and localisation industry, with a minimum of 5 years' experience being preferred
- Experience selling language solutions in marketing, digital content, and multimedia would be beneficial
- Exceptional problem-solving, negotiation and prospecting skills
- A proven track record of monitoring and achieving sales targets with a results‑orientated outlook
- Show a willingness to embrace translation technology
- Experience working with a Production team and an existing knowledge of translation production processes
- Experience generating new business through various means including attending trade shows, exhibitions and networking events; managing RFPs, tenders and proposals
- Excellent attention to detail, efficiency and responsiveness
- Self-starter who can work autonomously
- Confident and professional telephone and email manner, including cold calling
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with an ability to work in a fast‑paced environment both independently and collaborative
- Training delivered primarily in-person
- Hybrid working model, with a minimum of two days in the office per week
- Company laptop provided
- Please submit a cover letter and your CV to apply for this role
- Suitable candidates will be invited for a virtual interview followed by an in-person interview
All applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Acolad is an equal opportunities employer.